What do you need to know about chargebacks, fraud, and internationalization? How can you recognize fraud? What do chargebacks cost? What do you need to know about rolling out software globally when it comes to taking payments?
Today we are joined by Danielle Keeven, who is the VP of Finance at Paddle. In today’s conversation, we’ll explore the nuances of online payments and what you need to know to take payments successfully.
Listen to the episode to hear what Danielle has to say about the parties involved in taking payments, protecting yourself against fraud, and complying with international taxes.
- How Danielle became VP of finance at Paddle
- The parties involved when making a payment to a company online
- What gateway providers do as opposed to intermediaries
- Where Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and others come into the mix
- Protecting yourself against being defrauded and being considered fraudulent
- Response time for chargebacks
- Additional costs for chargebacks
- How much work it is to respond to a chargeback
- What to be aware of when you’re accepting money internationally
- Changes and new compliance concerns when taking taxes internationally
- What a merchant of record does
- Handling currency fluctuations
- Improving currency conversions
- Subscription management challenges
- Criteria to look at when choosing payment providers